ItalySource LLC ~ "We've been there"
Assisi + Rome, Florence, Venice
At A Glance
- 11 total travel days ~ 9 nights in Italy
- You'll travel by train ~ never in a bus group!
- You get hotels, train tickets, Vatican small-group tour, and Venice arrival private transfer
- $2,035 per person, double occupancy
- You're free to get your own air tickets ~ we do not sell airfare
Fly from USA or Canada
Rome ~ Vatican tour
Train to Assisi
Train to Florence
Train to Venice
Fly to USA or Canada
NOTE: This is a sample itinerary. Scheduling of the Vatican tour depends on day of the week, because a Vatican tour cannot be done on a Sunday.
nights Rome, 2 nights Assisi, 2 nights Florence, 2 nights Venice
- 4-star hotels in Rome, Florence and Venice, 3-star hotel in Assisi
- Breakfast daily
- First-class train tickets
- Private arrival transfer in Venice
- Vatican 3-hour small-group tour with Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
$2,035 per person, double occupancy
April 1 - October 31* -- 2013 and 2014
ONLY (airfare NOT included)
* Price is for travel which begins and ends
within dates shown. Ask about other dates.
Fly into Rome and out of Venice, or vice versa
(If starting in Venice, + $50 per person)
NOT included: air tickets; lunches and dinners; transfers between hotels, stations and airports; and sightseeing tours, unless specifically shown in the list of inclusions above. See the list below, under OPTIONS, for sightseeing tours and transfers which may be added to your travel package..
There's more info below, so please keep reading, but at any
point you can click on our trip request form to get started
Candid Comments and Practicalities
Train travel level of effort = moderate. The high-speed train between Florence and Venice couldn't be easier, with no connections, and with both stations on a single level. The train from Rome to Assisi has 1 connection, where it may be necessary to take your bags down a flight of stairs and back up again. At the station for Assisi depending on your arrival track, it may be necessary again to take your bags down and up a flight of stairs. From that station you'll take a taxi to your Assisi hotel. When you leave Assisi, you may again have to take your bags down and back up a flight of stairs to reach your train track. There are no connections on the route between Assisi to Florence.
As with all train travel in Italy, you should PACK LIGHT, because you must be able to hoist your bags onto the train and onto an overhead storage rack.
Assisi is one of Italy's lovely hilltowns. It is very hilly, to put it mildly. Put on your sturdiest walking shoes, and plan on a lot of huffing and puffing if you're not in top shape. It seemed to us like we were always going up or down in Assisi, never on the flat!
And in the cities, you will do a lot of walking, much of it on uneven surfaces such as cobblestones, so be sure to wear appropriate foot gear to avoid tripping or turning an ankle, especially in ancient structures such as the Colosseum in Rome where modern safety standards do not apply.
This is independent travel. You will not be with a group, and you will not have a tour director leading you around.
Options and Alternatives
- The itinerary can be reversed, starting in Venice and ending in Rome -- additional cost of $50 per person
- Add 2 remaining key private transfers -- Rome airport and Venice departure -- $330 total for 2 people
- Add 3-hr small-group tour of ancient Rome with Colosseum, forums, Palatine Hill -- $140 total for 2 people
- Add 3-hr small-group tour in Rome of crypts and catacombs -- $148 total for 2 people
- Add Papal Audience Tickets and Presentation -- guide explains the origin of the Papacy, history of St. Peter's Square, the Papal Audience, guides you to a seat, and provides headsets -- $90 total for 2 people. Note: The Papal Audience is weekly, on Wednesday mornings, when the Pope gives his blessing to the thousands gathered in St. Peter's Square (or Sala of Paul VI). If you wish to include the Papal Audience in your trip, a Wednesday must be included in your Rome stay, and you will need to plan your flight schedule accordingly -- if your trip starts in Rome, you cannot fly from home on a Tuesday; if your trip begins in Venice, you cannot fly from home on a Wednesday.
- If you want a trip that is similar but different -- more days, more destinations, luxury accommodations, private tours -- ask us about a customized trip
Links to Other Stuff you need....
ItalySource ~ "We've been there"
Click here to get started....
||ABOUT US ~ ItalySource is a travel company specializing in Italy plus France, Switzerland, Belgium and the Netherlands. We're a small company, based in the USA. Our offices
are located in the Shenandoah Valley about 65 miles west
of Washington. See our other website at www.europesource.com
Tuscany| Switzerland & Italy | Honeymoons |Cinque Terre & Riviera|
Favorites | Rome, Florence & Venice | Foodie Trips
Sorrento, Positano & Capri | Assisi | Luxury
Call Us Toll Free for More Information
Our address is...
199 Mill Lane
Charles Town, WV 25414
(near Washington, D.C.)